One of the most recognisable and innovative Start-Ups is looking to beef up its tech function by recruiting an experienced Salesforce Administrator to be based out of their office in the London area.
The organisation is known for its instantly recognisable customer platform that attracts millions (and millions) of visitors every week, with this role based within their newly created 'Salesforce Centre of Excellence'. They have an excellent, collaborative working environment and your role will see you learn and develop your skillset across a range of areas.
In terms of the key responsibilities, your role would focus on some (not necessarily all!) of the following:
- Analysing current business processes and suggesting improvements across all areas of the business in relation to their use of the Salesforce platform.
- Create, manage and optimise objects, fields, formulas and workflows to improve business processes.
- Transform any and all key business requirements into high-level technical documentation.
- Take ownership for the Salesforce.com regression and functional testing processes.
- Work with key business stakeholders (both technical and non-technical), including ensuring that complex technical issues can be translated into simple, easy-to-digest content.
- Maintain the platform including areas such as business units, picklists, report folders and dashboards to improve both usability and scalability of the Salesforce platform.
In terms of what you need to demonstrate/know to apply, some (not all) of the following would be a start:
- Proven experience administering and customising Salesforce CRM systems focusing on both sales and customer support automation processes.
- Experience working with some of the core Salesforce products/areas (e.g. CPQ, Heroku, Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Force.com, Lightning etc.).
- Experience with Salesforce.com change management processes.
- Understanding of core System Administration duties including project management, process improvement, product customisation, workflows and integration.
- Experience of the Salesforce application development lifecycle, including knowledge of APEX and Visualforce programming (e.g. APEX Triggers, APEX Classes, APEX Sites, Visualforce Pages etc.).
In return for the above, you will benefit from the opportunity to join a genuinely progressive organisation with a great culture and an environment that promotes improvement/development. Moreover, you will get the following core benefits:
- Base salary between £40,000 - £55,000 (per annum).
- Employer contributory pension up to 7.5%.
- 25 days holiday plus bank/public holidays.
- Variety of discounts/vouchers applicable to gyms, shops, restaurants, salons and hotels.
- Flexible working hours and the opportunity to work remotely on an ad hoc basis.
So if you like the sound of this position and would like to find out more then reach out via the following means:Mobile:
0191 338 7540LinkedIn:
'Liam Haghighat'Anything discussed will remain confidential and all processes will be fully GDPR compliant.