I appreciate that looking for a new job can be stressful and tedious, primarily due to the lack of engaging content online. So rather than simply copying and pasting the company JD, I wanted to try and create an advert both short (and hopefully sweet) that might just make you want to press 'submit application'...
One of my long-term clients, a leading organisation in the Education sector, is looking to add to its delivery function by hiring an experienced IT Programme Manager. The role is business-critical and their core focus for the remainder of 2019 from a recruitment standpoint, with the position offering the successful candidate the chance to move into a Project Director position later on down the line.
The role will focus on the rollout of numerous Software Development projects so an understanding of the full Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) is crucial - if you come from a background delivering Infrastructure projects then this might not be the right fit for you. You will be working in a 'global capacity', liaising with stakeholders (up to c-level) in numerous locations across EMEA and APAC. Reporting directly into the Head of Application Development, you will be expected to act as an SME for all things Software Delivery and will be ultimately tasked with ensuring successful delivery of the full portfolio of work.
But enough about the role... this is all about you. Specifically, what you need to demonstrate in order to apply for the role. So rather than just copying and pasting the 'candidate expectations' section of the JD, I wanted to highlight the key focus areas based on my conversations with the Hiring Manager...
- Software Development Background - First and foremost, you must come from a background delivering Software projects (ideally Microsoft tech - e.g. .NET, Dynamics AX/CRM/NAV/365, SharePoint, Azure) and a background working as a Software Developer would be equally handy. Moreover, experience with all elements of the SDLC including Software Release Management is crucial.
- Delivery Methodologies - Whilst this role isn't suited to an out-and-out Agile Evangelist, proven experience working with Agile methods (Scrum, Kanban, XP) is highly beneficial. However, they are looking for a well-rounded candidate so experience with PRINCE2/Waterfall would also be useful.
- Stakeholder Management - Due to the global nature of this role, proven experience working with stakeholders (both technical and non-technical) is crucial. Excellent communication skills are therefore an absolute must.
- Professional Qualifications - Finally, whilst a University degree isn't critical, it would be ideal if you have industry recognised certifications (e.g. PRINCE2, PMP, AgilePM).
In return for the above, you will be given the opportunity to join a progressive organisation with an excellent reputation in the Education space. Moreover, you will benefit from the following perks:
- Competitive base salary between £65,000-£75,000 (per annum).
- Annual bonus between 10-15%.
- 25 days holiday plus public/bank holidays.
- Life assurance (2x base salary).
- Private medical cover (including family cover).
- Flexible working hours and occasional home working opportunities.
- Employer pension contributions (5%).
So if this is something you like the sound of and you would like to explore this then please reach out via the following means:Mobile: 07943721308Office Line: 0191 338 7540LinkedIn: 'Liam Haghighat'Anything discussed will remain 100% confidential and fully compliant with GDPR