Role: Technology Consultant IDuration: Direct HireLocation: Detroit, MI- Post Covid-19 Role & Responsiblity
* Interface with users and IT teams to evaluate possible implementation of new or enhanced technology in the organization, consistent with the goal of improving existing systems and technologies and in meeting the needs of the business. Provide technical expertise across business and IT functions.
* Partner with leadership to define and communicate long-term technology strategy and planning for a specific area. Participate with business relationship managers and business leads to understand business requirements and help them understand how technology tradeoffs influence strategy. Drive technology improvements.
* Make recommendations and influence long-term technology decisions and planning for multiple business units. Assist in the definition of the architecture and technology needs of the organization based on new and emerging technologies, and establish priorities and strategies consistent with business goals and economic viability. Consult in the development and analysis of source selection strategies. Recommend and incorporate technology with long-term business plans.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, computer engineering, systems analysis or a related discipline required. Master's degree preferred.
* Seven (7) years of experience in multiple technology areas required.
* Demonstrate strong knowledge in one or more major technology areas knowledge of BCBSM business required.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
* Decision making and strategic and critical thinking skills.
* Must influence people over whom they have no direct control, as they help define strategic technical and business plans.
* Ability to utilize assigned resources and leverage back-channel resources (individuals or teams) to achieve or exceed planned outcomes.
* Other related skills and/or abilities may be required to perform this job.
The Technology Consultant is responsible for managing the technical design and delivery of salesforce development activities, which support the Retail BCBSM Organization. This role is a mix of hands on delivery as well as oversight of the Salesforce development team activities.
Strong experience in Salesforce Development using Lightning Application, Visual Force Pages, Apex Classes, Controllers and Triggers, complex Flows, Process Builders, Locks Web Services, LWC and Aura Components, Tabs, Apex Web services, Custom Objects, Reports, Analytic Snapshots and Dashboards, Profiles, Role Management and Sharing Settings, Page Layouts
* Experience working in a DevOps Agile methodology leading the technical approach for a development team; supporting and resolving technical issues and challenges
* Strong verbal and written communication skills