The Senior Change & Business Analyst will work on new projects within the RCGP's Digital Transformation strategy in supporting our agenda to achieve the best for our Members.
The candidate will lead on business analysis techniques, models, methods and standards to deliver a solution-focused approach to business needs options and will manage on smaller projects. The post-holder will support colleagues through a change programme as we implement new applications and new solutions using our existing technology estate.
The role will liaise with stakeholders in order to help them shape their requirements, both being a champion for the user but also helping them understand how to fit what they want to do into the wider Digital Transformation picture.Role & Responsibilities
- Leadership of the entire business analysis process for specific projects, including management of third parties, using existing templates and improving them in collaboration with other Business Analysts, with guidance and sign-off from the Solutions Architect.
- Study requirements feasibility to determine if the requirement is viable technically, operationally and economically (cost/benefit analysis).
- Undertaking feasibility studies and impact analyses to support strategic planning, validate business need, providing possible solution options and for enabling business and project decisions to be reached.
- Assessing requirements feasibility by analysing requirement risks and constraints, modifying requirements to mitigate identified risks
- Apply a change management process and tools to create a strategy to support adoption of the changes required by a project or initiative.
- Support the design, development, delivery and management of communications.
- Ensure that change is well co-ordinated and communicated across the College, leading on this where required.
- Provide input, document requirements and support the design and delivery of training programs for staff where required.
- Liaison with DIGIT and the Digital Transformation Board from a governance perspective, as required, ensure project governance is followed, implemented and recorded
- Liaison with third Party suppliers from a delivery perspective and input into processes.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent qualification or professional experience (desirable) in a relevant discipline e.g. Information Systems or Business Administration (desirable).
- Prince-2 / Agile / PMP or equivalent BA certification (desirable).
- Experience as a Business Analyst and/or Project Manager on several projects involving 3rd parties and application development or implementation.
- Experience of articulating business problems and translating into functional specifications.
- Experience with large-scale organisational change efforts.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills, both verbal and written, and the ability to communicate with stakeholders across the organisation.
- A solid understanding of how people go through a change and the change process.
- Experience and knowledge of change management principles.
- Understanding of the project life cycle from inception through to completion, including project initiation, process and requirements analysis, testing, and transition to live activities.
- Demonstrable experience of the use of core business analysis tools and techniques including workshop facilitation, process mapping and requirements elicitation and documentation.
- Produce high quality business requirements documentation (such as requirements specifications, user stories, use cases and acceptance criteria) and detailed technical requirements specifications (such as data models, ER diagrams, UML models).
- Holding requirements gathering sessions, reporting project status.
- Working closely with the Development and Testing teams to ensure that the requirements are understood, and development is aligned.