Salesforce Business Analyst
Skills and Competencies
- Obtain a deep understanding of relevant business area(s) to be able to recommend solutions and build high-quality requirements.
- Use a variety of techniques to understand business requirements, such as interviews, workshops, surveys, site visits, and storyboards.
- Shape business requirements by making recommendations and suggesting alternatives to proposed solutions.
- Understand technical options, limitations, costs, and risks. Communicate tradeoffs to business partners and work with them to shape requirements accordingly.
- Translate conceptual user requirements into clear, detailed functional requirements.
- Work with business and delivery teams to prioritize requirements.
- Help resolve competing priorities between stakeholder groups by facilitating stakeholder discussions, and escalate issues where appropriate.
- Manage requirements scoping throughout the delivery process.
- Create artifacts as appropriate, including business case documentation, scope documentation, and process flows.
- Support delivery teams as they develop, test, and deploy solutions.
- Review delivery team output to ensure requirements are correctly interpreted; define and execute test cases.
- Document current processes and models to understand inefficiencies or gaps.
- Identify and assist in prioritizing opportunities to streamline business processes.
- Promote a collaborative team environment and provide mentorship to junior-level analysts.
- Experience determining the explicit and implicit needs and requirements of various stakeholders.
- Ability to quickly learn the objectives, structures, operations and policies of a new business area.
- Strong problem resolution, negotiation, and influencing skills.
- Demonstrated ability to engage both developers and business partners to achieve target outcomes.
- 2-4 years of relevant Salesforce experience.
- Certified Salesforce Administrator qualification plus at least one of the following certifications: Advanced Administrator, Sales Cloud
- Proven track record of managing Salesforce projects and hands on experience with Salesforce administration and configuration tasks.
- A focused interest in learning about new Salesforce features and products and interest in the programmatic side of Salesforce is a plus.
- Experience working with automation tools such as Process Builder, Flow Builder, approval processes and validation rules.
- Ability to translate user requirements into point-and-click solutions.