A Senior Technical Lead designs and implements the key technical components of the customer solution and helps direct Company's technical resources to develop and deliver the project deliverables. The Senior Technical Lead reduces the overall project technical risk by uncovering design issues early in the project life-cycle, shares implementation best practices, and recommends solution alternatives. Additionally, the Senior Technical Lead partners with the Technical Architect to conduct design/code reviews during major project milestones. This is a hands on role that requires significant technical experience and abilities with Salesforce and related cloud technologies. Uses their knowledge and experience to influence and guide teams and clients.
* Designs and implements business technology solutions for clients focused on cloud-based business applications, specifically, Salesforce.com
* Hands on design and development of custom solutions on the force.com
platform including significant work in Apex, VisualForce, Lightning and application integration patterns.
* Judges the tradeoffs with technology and feasibility and makes choices that fit the constraints of the project.
* Serves as the technical expert on company's projects focused on Salesforce - Sales Cloud, Service Cloud, Marketing Cloud and the Force.com
* Direct involvement and/or oversight of developing business requirements, specifications, process flows, application design, application configuration and testing
* Release and Environment Management including sandbox usage planning, metadata and data migration, environment comparisons and version control.
* Works directly with clients to lead projects, facilitates business process analysis sessions, develops and delivers key components of technology solution.
* Provides mentoring and guidance to other team members, including offshore team members.
Education and Required Experience
* Requires Master's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Management Information Systems, or a related field plus two years of experience with Salesforce development. Alternatively, employer will accept a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Management Information Systems, or a related field plus five years of experience with Salesforce development or equivalent combination of education and experience
* 3+ years of experience (5 years preferred) in a hands-on technical leadership position
* 5+ years of experience with Salesforce development
* Has hands on experience in several mid-size or enterprise, global implementations of Salesforce for Nonprofit organizations and/or Higher Education institutions
* Experience with industry-specific CRM and fundraising platforms (e.g., Banner, Raiser's Edge, Team Approach, Donor Direct, Luminate, eTapestry, etc.)
* Experience with Education industry systems (SIS, Slate, TargetX, EnrollmentRX, Affinaquest, UCI, Admissions Connect, Advisor Link)
* One or more current Salesforce certifications (Administrator/Advanced Administrator, Platform Developer 1 or 2, App Builder, Sales/Service Cloud)
* Knowledge of Salesforce Best Practices using Apex and Visualforce
* Knowledge of Salesforce Integration Patterns
* Multiple Salesforce Project deployments including release and environment management
* Located and able to work in the U.S. (or Canada) from a home office and able to travel on average of 40% post COVID
* Not eligible for Visa sponsorship