Senior Architect (Distributed Systems, User Concurrency, Cloud)Location:
£100,000 - £130,000
I am exclusively engaged with a Global Tech Scale-Up (with offices in the US and Europe) who are looking to recruit Senior Architects to be based out of their new London office. Founded in 2015, these guys are now valued at around $1bn and are going through a sustained period of growth, with this role being part of a recruitment drive aiming to set up a 'Technology Centre of Excellence' in London.Role Overview
The Senior Technical Architect roles are key hires for the business and will report directly into the Head of Architecture. These roles will be highly technical, primarily focused on the E2E architecture of their various systems/platforms, with the wider scope of the role including providing technical/architectural best practices, technical leadership and mentoring/coaching of the engineering team. The primary focus of the role will be based around Amazon Web Services (AWS) and you will work closely with a range of stakeholders, leveraging your knowledge/understanding of concepts such as distributed systems, DDD and event-driven architectures.Working Patterns
Despite these roles being classed as 'based in London', in reality you will only be expected to spend 1/2 days' per week in the office post-COVID. These roles will support flexible/remote working so it is unlikely you will ever be in the office full time. There is also an expectation for travel (New York, Spain, France) maybe once or twice per year - post-COVID.Please note that these roles do not accept applications from candidates based outside the UK.Key Requirements
In terms of their expectations, I have decided against copying and pasting the JD and thought it would be more useful to summarise the key requirements - see below:
- System Architecture - You must have proven experience working as an Architect for highly available, resilient and fault tolerant distributed systems that utilise load-balancing and horizontal/vertical scaling.
- AWS Cloud Skills - Extensive knowledge of AWS is key (e.g. S3, EC2, IAM, SQS, CloudFront, SNS, Cognito, Lambda, RDS, Kinesis, EBS, DynamoDB etc.).
- Software Architecture - You should have proven experience working in an application architecture setting (e.g. Microservices, Event-Driven Architecture, Serverless etc.).
- Mentoring/Coaching - Whilst you won't be directly managing anyone, proven experience coaching Software Engineers and Architects is desirable.
- Engineering Methods & Processes - Commercial experience and knowledge of Agile/Scrum methodologies, DevOps/DevSecOps and CI/CD.
The Frank Recruitment Group are this organisation's exclusive recruitment partner so in order to apply, please contact me via the following:Email
- 0191 338 7540LinkedIn
- 'Liam Haghighat'Please note that this role does not offer visa sponsorship. Moreover, all conversations relating to this role will remain confidential and all applications will strictly adhere to GDPR