Technical Architect The role
We're looking for someone with in depth experience in both front end and back end development, ideally spanning multiple languages and technologies.
We also look for people with the right cultural fit. That means being passionate and enthusiastic and having what it takes to drive our business forward. We also look for people who are keen to develop new knowledge and skills, because our growth is ultimately dependent on yours.
We look for people who are not afraid of new ideas or technologies and people who can bring an alternative viewpoint to the table. You will stay up to date with new trends and advancements in IT and be able to consider and propose using these technologies appropriately.
You'll be able to demonstrate that you're delivery focused and can work well with internal stakeholders. We work with associates from all across our business so you will have a good level of interpersonal skills.
You'll have an idea of how to solve a problem and be confident presenting your point of view to team members and stakeholders alike and be able to reach a consensus.What we offer
- Up to 100k base
- 25 days holidays
- 9% Pension
- To help us attract and retain the best, we pay people according to performance, not length of service. We will also help you grow your career, not only through focused investment in learning and development but also by enabling you to explore the exciting opportunities our global market has to offer.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Understand company needs to define system specifications
- Plan and design the structure of a technology solution
- Communicate system requirements to software development teams
- Evaluate and select appropriate software or hardware and suggest integration methods
- Oversee assigned programs (e.g. conduct code review) and provide guidance to team members
- Assist with solving technical problems when they arise
- Ensure the implementation of agreed architecture and infrastructure
- Address technical concerns, ideas and suggestions
- Monitor systems to ensure they meet both user needs and business goals
- Proven experience as a Technical Architect
- Understanding of company needs to define system specifications
- In-depth experience in both front end and back end development, ideally spanning multiple languages and technologies.
- Experience in project management and service-oriented architecture (SOA)
- Nice to have
- Familiarity with various operating systems (e.g. Windows, UNIX) and databases (e.g. SQL Server, Oracle)
- Experience in cloud technologies (e.g. VMware)
- Excellent communication skills
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Organizational and leadership skills
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
Hybrid - 2-3 days in office (Berkshire)Does this sound like you? We'd love you to apply, even if you don't meet 100% of the requirements and qualifications.
If you are interested please apply here or send me an email at email@example.com
to find out more.
THIS ROLE IS OPEN TO RESIDENTS OF THE UK AND IRELAND ONLY.